Pakistan’s technology sector is expanding and with it comes a demand for skills and professional individuals. While there are about 20,000 to 25,000 IT graduates annually in Pakistan, according to the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), only 10% of these graduates are employed while possessing the technical and soft skills required by potential employers.
This substantial employment gap is the biggest hurdle holding back Pakistan from reaching its full potential in tech-driven startups. The current priority should be to find a solution that not only equips graduates with the necessary technical expertise but also bridges the soft skills gap.
Enter the Institute of Emerging Careers (IEC), a game-changer in Pakistan’s tech education landscape. IEC offers a unique opportunity for IT graduates to enhance their skills and move forward in the industry. The institute’s model focuses on addressing the issues that hinder graduates’ employment chances.
Here’s what makes IEC stand out:
- Diverse Course Offerings: IEC offers a range of 5-month courses in technology, including data analytics, web development, UX design, Python programming, digital marketing, and more through IEC Tech Apprenticeship Program.
- Inclusive Eligibility: The program is available for unemployed graduates aged 22-35, providing an opportunity for those who are interested to further their skills.
- Recognized Certificates: Graduates earn international certificates with international credibility strengthening their professional portfolios.
- Proven Job Placement Support: IEC has helped 135+ alumni secure jobs with an average starting salary of 50,000 PKR.
- Experienced Instructors: Courses are taught by industry professionals ensuring students receive relevant and up-to-date knowledge.
- Affordable Education: IEC offers accessible education with a 2,000 PKR monthly course fee.
- Hands-On Projects and Professional Development: IEC goes beyond by offering portfolio projects and sessions on mock interviews, CV writing, and resume building.
Established in 2021, IEC has successfully completed six cohorts, with students from all over Pakistan. The institute’s mission is to transform the livelihoods of underprivileged adults over the next five to ten years by providing high-quality training in emerging careers.
In a tech industry with never-ending challenges, IEC is a silver lining that offers graduates the chance to gain sought-after skills in just five months. With job placement support, affordable fees, and more, the Tech Apprenticeship Program plays a pivotal role in addressing Pakistan’s tech skills shortage and helping graduates start successful careers in the ever-changing tech industry.